Sunday, March 13, 2011

THE SAND STORM


http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5P9eX3-GjPZbL9D4LhNOPZqUlC6lCIhKDX-kRMKnOSo2KQ8ruGA


After I read “THE SAND STORM”, I thought that it was an interesting story.  The story was about the war and he described the cruelty of war.  I liked the fact that Huze wrote this story as a monologue, I was easy to distinguish each character and it was easy to understand each one’s feeling.  Also, his writing about each character’s action and speech made me imagine the scene.  When I was reading this story, I didn’t get bored because each character’s story and feelings were shown from a different angle.
       One scene especially impressed me, which was Doc Matthews’s story.  When the Marines massacred one man’s family, and said to a man “I’m so sorry.”  The man told him that it wasn’t his fault.  Even that man didn’t get mad.  I couldn’t imagine how he could say that to man who killed his family, his generosity impressed me.
       This story was interesting to read, but I know this is a story about the war, it was very cruel and sad to read.  But it was not only a cruel and sad story but also a touching story.
       For instance one Marine, his name was SGT Casavecchia.  He had a nice and warm experience with Iraq civilians.  I can’t imagine the hard time they had and always there were dead people.  But I believe that Marine had a warm and happy moment, too.
     The only one thing I really didn’t like about this story was the slang and bad language.
Overall, It was very an interesting story and I experienced some anger.  However, I was impressed and felt sad as I read through this story.  I thought that if I have chance to watch this play “THE SAND STORM”, I really want to see it.  I think it would be interesting.     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment