Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mid-Session Check

I took ENG 061, ENG 100, and ENG 101 before this class. I understood that it was getting harder with every step to the next.
Writing an essay is still my biggest challenge for me in this class, maybe it’s not only for this class. Writing blogs was a big challenge for me in the beginning but I’m doing fine with that now and I think that this is my biggest success in the class.
Reading is another big challenge for me because I’m not a reading person, even if it’s in Japanese. So when it’s an English book, it’s much harder. I wish I could choose books to read in class. I know that it is impossible but maybe I can pick from 5-6 selections of books.
I think I’m still learning about literary analysis, I know it’s easy to literary summarize but it’s hard to analyze, because I really have to understand about the story and ability of analyzing. Definitely, it’s different from critical, or summarize essay.
My goals with this class is to be honest, and to pass this class. Of course I want to improve my reading and my understanding about books. Also I want to write better essays. I will try my best with the rest of this class.                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment